So this is the first look, Other than the many leaked set images from the movie that is filming in ILLINOIS right now. What do you think?
At first glance, One might think:
-The CG looks shitty. What is up with that vault door?
-Where is the Superman Curl?
-Is he on the set of Mad Men? That Hair looks mighty slick.
– That suit looks a little SCALY!
Now let me SexSplode my fucking pants and tell you why this image is so boss awesome I’m going to blow the back of someone’s head off ,WITH SPERM, when I’m at the theater in 2013 watching this movie!
1. This Image really does say enough to speak volumes about the direction of the film. The dark intensity that is going on in this image separates it from the failed Superman Returns film that still haunts my dreams! Superman will definitely throw at least 2 punches (one per villain) in 2013. I honestly think that this is a promo image and not something actually from the film itself. Although it could be the very first overlay for a green screen shot if actually part of the film, which is possible.
2. Due to previous leaked images we do know that the curl will make it’s appearance in the film. I for one would like it to be dedicated specifically to the Clark Kent half of the persona, finally getting it out of my eye sight when I’m looking at a super hero.
3. I like the scaly suit. I like the idea of the suit being alien or Mrs. Kent coming across Blue Lizard Scaled garb in the middle of an Illinois thrift store. The suit being a tad bit different is refreshing and the time that was put into it to make it look as bad ass as it does was time well spent. The character couldn’t stay 100 percent cotton for the rest of his days. It just doesn’t hold up in space.
4. The Cast and backing power are INSANE for this film. The Cast of this film is overpowering right down to the lesser players. Here’s a quick rundown per FILMONIC.com‘s official press release from WB:
The film also stars three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent’s adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”) and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”).
Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), and Faora, Zod’s evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).
Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.
Morpheus is Perry White, Maximus is Jor-el, THE MOTHERFUCKING POSTMAN IS Papa Kent! It honestly brings a tear to my eye. A tear of joy….OH and wait!
5. The PRODUCER POWER
“Man of Steel” is being produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer and Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Comics. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.
I KNOW YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SAW WHAT I SAW!!! Chris Nolan is not only the Godfather of this project and Producer, but he and David Goyer (DARK KNIGHT) team are back together for this. That doesn’t mean it is automatically going to be good, but it definitely means that two competent people are at least at the table when decisions are being made.
More to come on this as it develops…. Let me hear your critiques!
P.S. Anyone notice how short this is compared to my other articles? Crazy, I KNOW!